Sunday, May 31, 2015

Reflection 12

I think that making a video is not what I set out to do with this project. I wanted to learn how to dance and do some choreography, but making a presentation like that is making me stressed out because it is a lot of work that I am not finding to be fulfilling, and it is making me feel disillusioned with this project. I can't believe my plan was to spend so long working on this video because that is not what I think I should be spending my last weeks doing. I enjoyed choreographing some of the dances, but teaching other people the dances and video editing is not something that I'm excited or passionate about, so I think it is a waste of my last few weeks of project time.

I've found that the specific genres of "ballet" or "modern" are keeping me from trying the types of dance that are more interesting, which are just choreographed dances that don't fit a specific label. That is what I spent last week learning to give myself a break from the video, and I ended up enjoying it more than what I was working on, so I think I will spend the rest of my time just learning for myself, and not for a presentation or a genre, because that it what I have found to be the most fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment