Sunday, May 17, 2015

Reflection 12: Another Plot Change with a Side of Progress... and Pickled Ginger

A revelation occurred this Tuesday: I am seriously over-complicating this game. It should be simple and accessible; the way I see it, I can create the more complicated game when I am more experienced and have more time to complete it. As such, I decided to switch the game's story *again* from the espionage-based game to a more generic Grimm's Fairy Tales/Tolkien-esque genre, where the player will explore what amounts to a forest plagued by curses, monsters, and daemons to accomplish one of several tasks that they choose at the beginning of the story. It's not the most creative, but it will be a good test of my programming abilities and, at the very least, something fun to do during the 20% presentations (not that I am focusing on this; I just enjoy having discussions with a large group of people). Luckily, I made great progress this week in writing this new story, as I changed the topic early; several branching stories are in their early stages, and I expect to be able to finish one or two this coming week. Until then, until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment