Sunday, May 3, 2015

Reflection #10

20% time this week I prepared dinner for my family and my girlfriend. This entire week I was craving steak so I decided I should make it on my own on Saturday. So I went to Wegmans and purchased NY strip steaks. Right after, I researched a bit about what type of steaks there are and what methods of seasoning there are and how to prepare it. I came to the realization that it is so important how you cook the steak. I learned that the thickness of it can change how long you should grill it for. Well I took the measurements and followed the guidelines that it showed me online and made the steak. I prepared it with only salt and pepper so that the taste of the steak will be noticeable. Moreover, I grilled them medium rare since that's the best way to cook a steak to. To accompany the steak, I had a baked potato and spinach. The baked potato was fairly simple since I just wrapped it in tin foil and threw it on the grill. The spinach however, was much more difficult. I had to cook it. I also prepared it with garlic and olive oil and some salt and pepper. Overall I think I overcooked it. Next time I will know not to leave it on for so long. As far as it goes, I think the dinner was a success. The steak was cooked to perfection and the potato was yummy. I'm proud that I was able to make an entire dinner, learn about food, and use it as my project all at once !

No comments:

Post a Comment