Monday, May 4, 2015

Reflection 9&10??

So, I forgot to do my twenty percent last week, so this will be an update of two weeks.

Last week, my new oil pastels came in the mail. It is a set of 25 Erengi Art Aspirers.  I tried them out with a drawing of an apple, and they're great! Way better than my old ones I had, they are much softer and I can actually blend with them. I also drew a picture of a desert sort of which turned out alright. It is much harder to get used to oil pastels than I thought, because you really aren't able to put as much detail into a drawing/painting. I liked the apple better than the desert. It's also tough when I'm blending another color such as white into a painting, and random spots of color get on the white pastel, and then if I try to use it in another section it makes a smudge of that color. I'm actually enjoying this project though, and it's definitely much more low-stress.

This week, I didn't have quite as much time to work on my twenty percent project. However, I did start a drawing of a waterfall. It's not turning out great so far, but I'm playing around with the effects of different techniques. For example, if I blend the colors with my finger stroking a certain direction, it creates a different texture than if I go in another direction. Unfortunately due to AP's and stuff, I'm not sure how much time I'll be having to work on this in the next week or two, plus I'm going camping next weekend, but we'll see.
I will post pictures of a bunch of drawings at a later date, since some of the drawings aren't done, and it will be more efficient to do more at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment