Monday, December 8, 2014

Reflection 9

This week I did a lot of practice on the violin, especially when my sister came home to visit for Thanksgiving weekend. We attempted to do a duet for "Baby, It's Cold Outside"! Since we were both sight reading, it was very difficult, but for some parts it sounded good. Learning the violin is all about practice so I've just been practicing. I'm still brushing up my technique for switching strings. However, this time I've been working on switching to strings that are not directly adjacent to each other. It is very difficult! I will probably have to look at more videos about that. I'm also researching what song I want to play in front of the class for the midterm, since that is coming up soon. I must start practicing. I'm still a little iffy about performing because of my mistakes and the violin sound doesn't sound as sweet as it does in the videos. But still, practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment