Sunday, December 28, 2014

Reflection 12

I knew when I first embarked on this project that it would be difficult, but now more than ever I have been humbled? Shamed? This whole project was nearly impossible from the start, and I have no idea if anything has gone right! The PrintrBot order was moved to two weeks from now! That's after the due date. I'm taking steps back again. I'm currently in the process of making the balsa wood model of a wolf. This is ridiculous. I will create a video compilation of the making of the wolf from start to finish. The balsa wood structure, the resin eyes, the baked clay and painted paws, claws, and jawset, the tail, and the airbrushing on the pelt are the main things I'm getting done at this moment and videotaping. That will be my 20% project. That and all the failures and flukes regarding the 3D modeling process. I've had to redo and take many more measurements for the wood model, which is a lot more troublesome than one would think because there were over forty measurements that I had to manually convert from millimeters (the digital model) to inches and then once again convert it to 3/4 scale for the model. I've traveled all the way to some crafts store near the shore from Linden for balsa wood and glue. I've also traced out all the templates for the torso, neck, shoulder, and thigh. The most electronics you'll probably get, if I happen to have some time left over, will be LEDs for the eyes. All I'm focused on now is GETTING IT ALL DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment