Monday, December 22, 2014

Reflection 11, taylor

This week I worked on frying chicken. I learned that you can only fry chicken in certain oils. Those oils including canola, peanut, sunflower, and corn. Temperature is another important key to frying. Most foods should be fried at 375 degrees. Most importantly, I realized the importance of not standing too close. I actually got burned on my chest because oil splattered on me. This often happens when I try frying pork bacon. It was a rough experience because I never knew when they were actually done. Some pieces were burnt while some were not done completely. Eventually I got the hang of it. Frying food is not one of my favorites and I do not plan on doing it often. However it was a good experience to practice because its apart of the soul food dish and I absolutely love soul food. Next week I plan to go back to baking and will try frying again when I become more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment