Sunday, December 7, 2014

Reflection 9

This week went by surprisingly fast yet so much was needed to be done in school so I wasn't able to research on much nor even think about what exactly I would like to research on. I did decide to research on different aspects of baking in general though this week, I couldn't quite think of anything in particular that piqued my curiosity. Though I was finally able to think of what I would like to find out this week. I wanted to find out how non-stick cooking spray works. Though, I do admit to most, the topic may not sound the absolute most interesting topic, the thought occurred to me and I realized that I actually had no clue as to what it is. So, I looked up "what is non-stick cooking spray?" and I came across various articles and I read. The articles would say that the spray is usually a mix of oil and water which actually do not mix due to the differing polarities of the substances. When sprayed onto the pan or whatever, the food you place on the pan will not stick due to the surface being slippery with the combination of oil and water. The article also said that butter or a nice oil sprayer (for a lack of a better word?) would be sufficient if the baker does not prefer the non-stick sprays. The topic may not seem as interesting to many but to me, I thought that was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment