Monday, December 22, 2014

Reflection #9

This week, Phoebe and I weren't able to meet up because of the holiday weekend. Instead, I decided to go a different route and focus on the food that my mother prepared for thanksgiving. Unfortunately, she didn't focus on paleo food. I helped my mother make the turkey. First we buttered it up and let it sit n that for a couple of days. The day before thanksgiving my mother decided to season it, however, she used a special ingredient. She used apple juice and honey to cover it up .i KNOW that may seem odd but it made the turkey very soft and tender. The skin was golden and tasted very good. To top it off, she added some spicy seasoning to match the sweetness of the honey and orange juice (this was seasoned the night before). In the morning my mother put the turkey in the oven for about 4 hours on 500 F. What I learned by this experience, was that honey and sweeteners can be used to soften the meat and make it softer. A difficulty we endured was picking out the best spices to complement the sweetness..

No comments:

Post a Comment