Sunday, December 14, 2014

Reflection #11

This week I continued to practice the first chord progression of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." Because presentations will be occurring in a little more than a month, I've decided that I am just going to work on the song up until the due date, so that I can show the class my progress (despite the presentations being after the holidays). Based on time constraints and the fact that the song is significantly more difficult than "Stand By Me", I will just focus my efforts on perfecting the song as best I can before the presentations. That being said, I still observed progress in the first verse of the song; at this point I just need to speed up my chord transitions (which will admittedly take some time). Once I become very comfortable with the first verse, I will begin to learn the second chord progression of the song.  This week was especially important, because I've decided to use the song as my final product for the presentation- any progress I make is essential at this point. I will constantly use what I learned this week up until the presentation; I want to make the song as great as I can. Yet again, I noticed that playing each chord became much easier after I had repeated the verse multiple times. The sound is relatively clean, and while slow, the transition time is decreasing. While I wasn't able to start the second verse, I believe that I've definitely progressed in getting more comfortable with the first verse. Next week I will practice for at least twenty minutes each day, and by practicing so much I should get to the second verse this week. I might not reach my goal of perfecting the song by the 25th, but the song should be good enough to present by January 20th (if not absolutely perfect). Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment