Monday, December 15, 2014

Reflection 11

Each week, learning how to cook becomes more interesting. My little cousin had a birthday and needed a hundred cupcakes by Friday. I figured I'd take the challenge since cooking is my 20 percent project. You would think oh cupcakes are simple, but it wasn't that easy. Especially since time was not on my side this week with all my homework. I realized that it is better to take your time instead of rushing. I ended up throwing my first batch away because I put the icing on top before letting them cool all the way. I'm pretty sure it tasted fine but the runny icing did not look so good. Another challenge this week was again not following directions carefully. I did not butter the pans before putting the mix on top and it made it extremely hard to get the cupcakes out the pan. The most important lessons from this week were time management and following directions. I did complete the task however and the party turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment