Sunday, December 21, 2014

Reflection 12

Have you ever had those moments when you realize that you have dug yourself into a situation you can no longer escape from? I am beginning to feel that way about my 20% Project; it occurs to me that staying with this topic was a dreadful idea, given my lack of creativity, and that I should have changed topics all those weeks ago when I had the chance. Given time and inspiration, I may be able to finish this story, but I have lost most of my drive and ambition to do so; if this was not being graded, I would have either abandoned the project or viewed this as a hobby rather than a requirement, thus allowing me to work in peace and without the feeling of being judged. In either case, I would not be in this predicament where I sit in this foxhole of pointless self-pity, stupidity, and regret while the ceaseless barrage of shells that is the 20% due date draws ever closer to where I huddle (See what I mean by "lack of creativity"? That was a terrible metaphor, rough unrefined as a freshly mined diamond... not to imply that my work could ever be considered as valuable as said hypothetical gemstone.).  It saddens me that the time necessary to amend this will require most of winter break. All in all, I've done some work on the story, but not anything worth sharing. I will continue to work on this assignment, writing the main story of the novel and hopefully accomplishing much more than the little I pessimistically foresee myself finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment