Friday, December 26, 2014

Reflection 11

Well. I am completely confident this week was birthed directly from Satan himself because wow I was busy and put to work with school. But hey, its finally over so I am quite relieved, yet extremely exhausted. I decided to maybe "take things easy" for this week's research and to simply look up a list of common errors that are made in the kitchen because my mind is quite fried from this week and I couldn't think of anything else. Wow I must sound angsty. Anyway, I found a fairly applicable list and was able to read through with ease, understanding the practicality of each mistake and what to do when making said mistake. Moving past the simple mistakes like not taking the measurements to the exact amount or using expired or out of season ingredients, I was able to find a few nuggets of information that I was able to deem useful and interesting in at least my perspective. One was how you shouldn't open the oven to check how your cookies or cake is baking. This is a big one for me because I do this very often and apparently, this greatly releases the heat within the oven (obviously but I didn't know it was that big of a deal before) and will mess up the cooking greatly. Another was that there may be "heat spots" in your oven. This may over bake certain cookies while leaving others unbaked or leave a portion of your cake burnt and another still batter-y. Cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment