Friday, December 12, 2014

Reflection 10

I messed up the whole thing completely this week and probably set myself back so much. I tried incorporating the new yarn I got (which was also difficult to get), and I failed miserably. The new yarn somehow ended up on the opposite end that is was supposed to end up on. It looks really horrible because as I was incorporating it, I dropped some stitches, and now there's just a big lump on one side and it's thinner from that spot on. Overall, I'm very unhappy with this weeks progress and I wish I could start over. I thought using new yarn wouldn't be so difficult, but I overestimated my abilities.

Aside from that, I have no idea what to do now. I think I'll just cut the yarn from the opposite side (the side it's not supposed to be one), and somehow make it work. It's definitely not going to be a pretty, wearable scarf, but I guess it's good experience. I want to say that this project taught me that maybe knitting isn't my thing, but that sounds very pessimistic. Instead I'll say that this project taught me that it's okay to mess up, as long as you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment