Sunday, December 14, 2014

Reflection 11

Making this boss has been harder than I expected, since I wanted this boss to be unique from the other enemies. I'm still working on the boss by giving it properties that the other enemies do not have--spawning more slime enemies. Originally, I wanted the boss to fling the slime to the player, just like the experiment that I made for the player's magic. I tried doing that, but it worked differently than I expected. Now the boss just leaves his slime on the floor as he moves around. I read stories that some video games had unintentional things to happen that the developers leave; now I understand the reason behind it.

As stated earlier, this is an early build of the boss, and as such, I will put notes to myself for next week.

Add more exp levels for the player
Give spawned enemies HP. (+ make the spawned enemies move?)
make obj_magic collide w/ spawned enemies
in step event of spawned enemies and obj_boss collision_check obj_player
    if global.hp <= 0
        global.hp = 0

Here is the unintentional result that I decided to leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment