Saturday, December 13, 2014

Weekly Journal 10

December 13, 2014

This week on December 12th, I began my twenty percent time session by learning the numbers 1-10 in ASL. After, I reviewed the basic words I learned in previous sessions starting from “father” all the way to “day”. The reason for why I only chose to learn the first 10 words in ASL is because I feel as though that is all I will need for the time being because the numbers 1-10 are really the basis of all, which is also why they are important to learn. In all honesty, it only took me about 5 minutes to learn, if that. These numbers were very easy, thus allowing me more time in class to keep on practicing the list of basic words. I could use what I learned this week whenever I am dealing with quantities of items, or anything really. This week I did not notice any new patterns other than that of the numbers requiring every-day hand gestures that most people typically use when counting. Although this week I did not learn much, I do feel more confident about signing specific words, which I believe is very good. Next, I will continue to review as many words as I can for part of my twenty percent time in class, and I will also begin trying to learn general phrases! I am very excited for this next step because now I will be taking what I know, and transforming it into something much greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment