Monday, December 22, 2014

Reflection 11

Mickey and I weren't able to cook this week, but my mom made paleo ginger snaps--kind of like gingerbread cookies. In my opinion, they did not turn out that great, but they weren't bad. They called for blackstrap molasses, which I think was the problem. Blackstrap molasses tastes like licorice (i'm convinced that's what is used to make licorice, too), so it added an unexpected flavor to the cookies.

They were made with almond flour and almond coconut milk and sweetened with honey and blackstrap molasses. This makes it paleo. It lowers the glycemic index because these are not refined sugars. While it has good fats and protein, it is not the kind of thing you can gorge on; it's still a cookie. I'm trying to find a different recipe or modify it to make my own so I can make gingerbread cookies for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment