Saturday, December 13, 2014

Reflection 8

With the announcement of the presentation dates, it seems this project is going by so quickly. I look back at my performances before my work and admire how far I've come.

Last Thursday's class was spent watching YouTube videos of actors performing monologues. I observed their techniques and subtle actions. In my research and practice, it has become increasingly difficult to simultaneously take advice and observe other actors' performances while also maintaining my own personal acting style. This is something I think I have had trouble doing. I would watch a monologue, find the script, and practice the monologue myself, but my performance would be very similar to the video and similar to the way in which the other actor chose to present it.

No comments:

Post a Comment