Saturday, December 20, 2014

Reflection #12

This week I began to learn the second part of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." While neither the first nor second part is perfect, I am absolutely progressing. I'm slightly disappointed that I haven't been able to finish the song before the holidays, but I would rather take my time to do the song as best I can instead of half-heartedly learning another song. My chord transitions are still a little too slow for me, the only way to improve them is constant practice. This week was important because I am continuing to practice the song I will use for the actual presentation, so every chord practiced is essential. When I began to practice the second part of the song, I noticed it was a little easier to get used to than the first part: this is probably due to my increased comfort with the guitar. I am not near perfection, but I am trying my best and will continue to do so. I'm taking pride in the fact that I'm learning this instrument, so if my song for the class isn't absolutely flawless, I won't lose sleep. I know this means that I might not achieve my original goal of perfecting a challenging song, but in no way do I feel like this represents failure. I'm still taking long strides towards learning the instrument! Next week I will continue to practice "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment