Sunday, December 7, 2014

Reflection 9

Now that we're all caught up, I can tell you what I've been up to this week! I had this dress that I've never worn because it's an awkward length for me and it just looks wrong. So, I took some scissors to it and hemmed the edge. I think it looks really good now, ad it was pretty fun to do. I have a much better time modifying ad fixing existing articles of clothing than actually creating my own. Maybe it's because I start with a finished piece and work backwards so it doesn't seem like I have any work ahead of me. I want to continue doing things like this because I like it a whole lot better than starting with nothing and trying to create something. Maybe I'll create a couple of SUPER simple pieces (ie. no zippers and buttons) and then shift my focus to modifying old clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment