Sunday, December 21, 2014

Reflection 10

I missed Friday's class time doing Speakeasy. Speakeasies were underground bars in the 1920's during the prohibition era, and in history class, everyone picks a famous person from the 1920's and dresses up like that person. We spend the whole morning in character acting like our famous person, and people all across campus are welcome to see us. This was an incredible acting experience for me. I was able to practice staying in character in an unusual environment. My friends and classmates interacted with me normally, but I had to keep acting like my character. What I learned from this was mostly improv skills. I had to carry out unscripted conversations with people and answer whatever questions they threw at me. Of course, I had done research beforehand, but it was still a challenge that helped me grow as an actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment