Sunday, April 26, 2015

Weekly Journal 9

         Finally! This week for my twenty percent time project I practiced quite a bit. To start, my instructor and I began our session by picking up where we left off - practicing the first song. I am very happy to say that I am finally becoming more and more comfortable with it. I slowly felt myself picking it up faster and it felt great. I'm not saying I have it down already, but I am a little better than before and I couldn't be happier. After doing that for a bit, my instructor told me that due to time, he would simply introduce me to the next song that I am going to learn. I'm a little scared to learn it being that it looks very complicated, but I'm still excited. I will not mention the name of the song until I begin to learn it, but I am SLIGHTLY looking forward to it ( o_o ). After that, my instructor began teaching me bar chords. One word: ouch. Bar chords are those that require your entire finger to be holding down more than one string. It hurts just holding down one string, now imagine more. Not only did the pain interfere, but also my fingers alone. when trying to hold down one chord with my second finger and another chord with my third finger, the finger that was doing the bar chord kept raising up. Needless to say, that didn't go very well. However, I did have fun so I don't mind too much. This week I feel like I did very well and I'm very excited to keep learning. Next week I plan on working on the first song more and practice doing bar chords.

No comments:

Post a Comment