Sunday, April 12, 2015

Reflections VI & VII: The One With a Schedule and Goals

So I missed the sixth reflection and have decided to just combine it with the seventh. In the past two weeks, I have decided to throw out my calorie counting book. It was a waste of time and, quite frankly, annoying. As long as I can approximate my consumption and burn more calories than I'm taking in, I can successfully lose weight.

I promised pictures with this reflection, I know, but you'll have to wait until next week because: 1) I waited until 11:50 pm to write this and 2) my self-confidence was kinda shot down in the past 24 hours. So next week there will be pictures and measurements, even though you shouldn't notice any difference. Personally, I don't think I look any different. Although I do feel different, which is nice. I've started to use working out as a way to decrease my stress levels and adjust my mood, and it's working pretty damn well.

Last week, I promised I'd attach my workout schedule. It does differ from week to week, depending on how much access I have to a gym and also my mood. This week was spring break so all I really got in was cardio and flexibility training. Thankfully I brought a friend down the shore with me, so I was more motivated than usual (otherwise I probably would have accomplished nothing). Last week was a fairly normal schedule. Here's what I try to accomplish each week:
Cardio - 5 days a week
Strength training - 3/4 days a week (working a different muscle group each day)
Flexibility - 7 days a week (seems like a lot but I'm a dancer so I'm used to it)
HIIT - 5 days a week (we do them everyday in fitness class so I really only have to worry about 3 days a week at home)

I think it's good to just have a rough outline of what you want to accomplish every week. Motivates you to reach your goals. I don't know about you, but I like writing down what I'm going to do at the start of the week and crossing it out when I'm finished.

I've been updating my other blog a bit. I'm having a hard time finding the time to, but I usually do it in class. There are a bunch of cool recipes and little workouts that I've been trying on there. Check it out here: http://twentypercent15-cat.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment