Saturday, April 18, 2015

Reflection 8

This week for my 20% project, I made good on my promise to practice my braiding and noticed that it was significant better than past weeks. In fact, I did more than the usual two twists and did four twists. My technique has gotten a lot cleaner since I started, although I still need to work on making sure the width of the twist stays consistent. I started with a center part, made four medium sized sections, then did a twist on each one using the "natural attachment" method. My main problem with this method in the past was that the twist wasn't as tight at the roots as I wanted. That was fixed this time as I made sure to twist the two separate strands individually to my desired tightness then twisted them together. As a result, the twists felt more secure and were much easier to work with. For the most part, I think I've gotten this style down and will probably go back to doing regular box braids.

No comments:

Post a Comment