Monday, April 27, 2015

Reflection IX

This past week for 20% time I was surprisingly productive. I actually started back up on the program on Khan and I am currently in the middle of learning about variables. About the animation thing, that is going to be held off for another week. I was not as far along as I thought I was. However, I am currently integrating variables into my coding now. Basically all I do is add a line of code at the top setting a specific value for the letter x for example. (x = 50). So, then if I were make a rectangle lets say and I wanted it to start at (50, whatever) I could just enter x instead of 50. I could also then do things like enter x + 20 making it 70. Instead of actually entering 70. Then you get to actually see in comparison where something is to something else if lets say you wanted make a circle near the rectangle. Besides I am honestly not sure what the point of variables are but, hey, they make the code look more complicated. Next week I am going to continue on the current lesson which is basically just finishing up a few more basics. Maybe I will get to animation by the end of the week. As I have said before, the coding is going good and thanks to Khan Academy I do not have to pay a penny on this 20% project. So, that's all for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment