Sunday, April 19, 2015

Reflection 8

     This week I have valid excuses for not completing as much as I would have liked, but I still did slightly better than last week. The week started off with me being sick with a severe case of strep throat, causing me to miss two days of school and be confined to bed rest. Thursday and Friday was the play, which means I spent my entire day at school and did not get home until very late at night. However, while I did not have time or reason to cook or exercise, I recognized myself  going through with some healthy habits I have been trying to implement. One of them was eating six times a day, which I have started doing more often by eating healthy snacks during class, with teacher permission of course. I have also begun drinking way more water, about one water bottle every class period. The thing I am most proud of, however, is the healthier recipes in my home. Instead of traditional rice and beans from a can, we are starting to use brown rice and beans from a bag, which is healthier because there are less preservatives. I also make sure to eat a large helping of salad a day with virgin olive oil and many different types of nuts for healthy fat. I'm disappointed, however, that I didn't have time to work out, but I realize it was out of my hands and this next week I will most definitely work out as much as time allows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment