Monday, April 27, 2015

Reflection 9

I seem to have forgotten to update the blog on time... again; my apologies.
On the bright side, I made some progress towards creating my game this week. I did not complete any more chapters in JavaScript, as I feel that the lessons have taught me all that is necessary to complete a simple text-based adventure game. Instead, I spent my week beginning to plan the story and world of the game. I've gone for a pseudo 19th-century city run by spies, espionage, and intrigue for the setting. The player will play as a low-ranking spy and slowly work his or her way up through the ranks, uncovering the secrets of the courts, spymasters, and even those of the city itself as they go. I want to create an interesting world above all, and allow players to best interact with their environment.
Initially, the game will be a simple one. Players can choose from several pre-determined options to respond to each scenario ("Do you decide to: [Option A], [Option B], or [Option C]?", at least for the presentation; if I can figure out how and have buckets of time on my hands from a lack of assigned projects (Excuse me... *laughs hysterically*), however, I plan on coding a full-fledged text-based adventure with a proper player inventory and the ability to use and examine items and objects at will.
I plan to continue creating the branching story this week, using another program to help visualize the web of the story. Until next week, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment