Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Reflection #7 (Spring Break)

This is one of my favorite meals that we have made throughout all of 20% time. It was a traditional polish  dish that is actually quite difficult to make however I decide to make it because it is tasty, I wanted to educate phoebe about polish dishes, and it's actually paleo ! We made a cabbage stew with kielbasa. The thing is that it was a process. We had to wait for the cabbage to turn sour(I don't know how to explain this term in English). This was very complicated because we needed to keep the cabbage at the perfect temperature and for the right amount of time. For flavor we added mushrooms and cumin. Adding the kielbasa was quite easy because we just cut it up and put it in the pot. However, the cabbage gave me a hard time. What I learned is that sometimes cooking is a log proceeds. Everything needs to go right and it takes time. Some dishes you need to prepare in advance. Ultimately, this dish came out perfectly. It tasted just like my grandmothers. I am very proud of this because I was surprised that we were actually able to make this successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment