Sunday, April 26, 2015

Reflection ii, 9

It feels so good to be motivated after a writer's block. I stepped my game on and actually completed part i and part ii this weekend, despite of the amount of free time that I had. In addition, I completed an outline for the first three parts of the story. This story is drastically different than what I had planned many years ago, but times change, based on the time constraints and research that I have. In fact, I think the story improved on its own as the years went by when I add new pieces to the story. This project forces me to work, which I appreciate greatly, and I gladly would take advantage of.

The current goal is to write at least 2 chapters a week, so I would be done with the story by 3 weeks (possibly shorter if I work in school and in 20%).

As reference, I have three pages so far. (Yeah, that's two chapters together...pretty short). Here's an excerpt if you don't care about spoilers.

By the time she woke up again, she found herself staring at the familiar wooden ceiling. The boy and his father were by her side once again. The boy was trying to hold back his tears as he saw her eyes open, while the other man remained emotionless, regardless if she was awake or not. The silence was broken when the father cleared his throat. He announced, “This young lad and I talked things out for a bit, and we’ve decided that proper ‘introductions’ are to be in order.”

No comments:

Post a Comment