Sunday, April 12, 2015

Reflection

I'm not sure what reflection I'm supposed to be on, but I think I skipped a few. So I'm just going to give an update of the work I've done over the last few weeks. Since I haven't been able to make it to AC Moore, I decided to try a picture with oil pastels that I already had. I suppose it was a bit of a mistake to make my first serious oil pastel painting a horse, since that's a little complicated. It was really, really hard to blend my old, low quality oil pastels. I guess they shouldn't dry out since they're oil? I don't know. But here's my work. First, I started out with an online photo.
Then, I made a pencil outline (as indicated by my research)

Then, I blocked in the colors roughly.


Then, I attempted to blend and finish off the drawing. Sorry it's upside down. I couldn't figure out how to rotate it.








































Overall, I'm pretty happy with my first attempt, although I am kind of kicking myself for not getting nicer oil pastels. These were terrible to blend and I really couldn't get the kind of detail I wanted. Until next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment