Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Reflections ii, 6 & 7 Spring Break Edition

Over the course of spring break, it is regrettable that I have not worked on my project. Yes, I have been thinking about ways to go around the wall that I faced in regards to plot, but there were no ideas. It is quite a challenge to write a story with just one main character; there are many factors that I have to think about: make the character likable, find a way to make the story engaging, and most importantly to teach a valuable lesson that I have in mind. I know other stories with one character, like The Hatchet or The Alchemist, so I need to review those stories again to get tips. A collaborator of mine and I decided to change the beginning of the plot and the backstory the same, so things should finally shift into gears.

I want my future self to read this: please work on writing the story until the next reflection. And continue backing up your themes/etc. If this story comes out, I expect a good analysis!

No comments:

Post a Comment