Saturday, April 25, 2015

2nd Semester Reflection 9

This week, I must say I was shocked. I made Oatmeal-Flax Chocolate Chip Cookies, and to be honest, didn't expect much. However, I was so wrong. These cookies tasted almost identical to the original, and with basically the same consistency. I couldn't tell the difference; they were so good! What was so important about this week was that I really learned healthier alternatives can taste just as good as their unhealthier originals. In fact, I expect to make this version of Chocolate Chip Cookies constantly in the future (if you couldn't tell, they were really good). I had a little difficulty mixing the ingredients, but I put faith in the recipe and was duly rewarded. Next week I'll be making an exciting appetizer: Crisp Mozzarella Sticks, which are baked and not fried. While I won't pretend this dish is super-healthy, hopefully I can enjoy the sticks so much I won't feel the need to fry them anymore. Until then!

Mozz Sticks Recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/crisp-mozzarella-sticks-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment