Sunday, April 26, 2015

Reflection IX: The One With Taco Bell and a Triumph

Hello, friends. This week I didn't get much lifting in, but I did do more cardio than usual so I'm pretty happy. I am beyond glad that I chose this as my 20% project because it is honestly making me feel so much better about myself, even if I can't yet see a physical change. I'm slowly learning to love myself, and I had no idea these effects would be setting in so soon. I've also been doing really well with watching what I eat, so I rewarded myself today with Taco Bell (sorry,diet).
For the upcoming week, I'm going to try to get more lifting in. I'm trying to persuade my mother to buy me a set of five pound weights- we'll see how that goes. With next week's reflection, I want to post an original HIIT, considering I've kinda shmooshed a bunch together to create the one I usually use. So you'll have that next week. The week after will be time for the next set of pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to notice some sort of change in the mirror by then. I did try on last year's shorts today and MOST OF THEM FIT, so I'm excited about that (if you couldn't tell).

Moving on, here's a thing I've been wanting to post for awhile now. If you remember my third reflection, I included a list of "rules" to keep me healthy and focused. The rules were as follows:
  1. Always graze. Consume at least 100 calories every 90 minutes.
  2. Minimize junk and processed foods (eventually I will cut them out completely).
  3. Drink tea all day.
  4. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily. No excuses!
Well, I have adjusted the list a bit, and I've provided reasoning for what may seem weird. It is now:
  1.  Always graze. (consume at least 300 calories every 2 hours)
    1. Grazing is something I've lived by since I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia as a kid. But I would recommend it to anyone because it keeps your energy levels tamed, and glucose feeds the brain so eating often literally makes you smarter.
  2. No junk. Minimize processed foods.
    1. I'm really trying to cut them out entirely. I'm really trying.
  3. Drink at least 64 ounces (8 glasses) of water everyday.
    1. Hydration is important. Enough said.
  4. Drink tea all day.
    1. Tea suppresses the appetite. Remember: you shouldn't eat to feel full; you should eat to care for your body.
  5. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily and stretch everyday. No excuses!
    1. This needs to be here. I need to constantly remind myself of the goal I'm working towards.
  6. Make sure you're consuming less calories than you're burning off.
    1. This is how you lose weight. You could literally eat whatever you want and as long as you follow this rule, you are guaranteed to lose weight. My brother, Mike, is a perfect example. He is at the gym for 3+ hours six days a week. He keeps count of his calorie intake, eating whatever he wants, and then burns more calories in his workouts than he's consuming. 
Stay golden, babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment