Saturday, April 18, 2015

Reflection 8

I actually began having fun with drawing this week (probably because it was more coloring than actually drawing). Either way, this is the first time in the course of this project that drawing/coloring felt more like a relief of stress than a source of it. I colored the outlines I made during spring break using markers and highlighters. I wouldn't consider the finished results realistic in any sense, but I like them a lot better than what I've done in the previous weeks. The first one I colored was this,

which became:
 
I had so much fun coloring it the first time that I traced the outline two more times and did it again.
Then, i realized that I still had one more drawing to color.

This time, I just colored it once.


While this isn't really what I set out to do at the beginning of the semester, I'm actually very satisfied with these drawings. I don't know if they would be considered "good", but I think they're really cool. These just seem much more "me" than my previous drawings. I'm excited to continue experimenting with color and other styles in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment