Sunday, April 12, 2015

Reflection 7

A week of freedom from school means a week of progress, right? Wrong.

Procrastination all around the bored this time around. Not afraid to admit it either. Doesn't mean I didn't work on the song at all, but I didn't work as much as I would've liked. Too many distractions, especially the computer that I'm typing on right now.

In terms of progress on the project, things have improved. I feel like i've chosen whatever sounds, whatever instruments, or whatever assets that will be used in the song. Since that is all laid out, I can work on the sequencing of the song A.K.A actually making it in full. After that, a bit of rough sound-engineering should do the trick in making the song sound like a hot track... if a hot track means amateur electronica you can hear on Soundcloud.

I've gotten to see first-hand experience of physical electronic instruments on stage at a performance in the Union County Performing Arts Center. The Polish pop-rock band Kombii, who my father met back in the 80s, had a gig there, and I got to see synths and sound-engineering up the wazoo. What makes this more interesting is that alot of the background comes simply from the person controlling the synths, since he controls what loops and plays in the background most of the time, as well as playing regular synth parts. It seems simple to some musicians to create music by the touch of a button, but time was spent to create and organize electronic music, and that is no exception in my case.

Just thought I might share a personal experience during the break. In the meantime, Alex out.

No comments:

Post a Comment