Sunday, April 26, 2015

Reflection 9: PROGRESS!

I have bruised fingers. It's been a good weekend in regards to progress. I've practiced the major scale and now, I'm pretty fluent in playing it forwards and backwards in any position (fret you place your index finger on to start with), especially the Major A scale. I have learned a few minor songs I've mastered: Happy Birthday, The Saints Go Marching In, a melody in the style of Green Day, and some common New Orleans blues riff. My finger dexterity has improved and so has my coordination, since I can look away from my fingers and still get the notes right. I downloaded an app on my phone: Guitar Tuna. I can memorize chords using games on the go so I don't have to limit my practice to when I have my guitar. I get impatient very easily I've noticed but, when I can finally play the songs without error, not matter how little, it makes the frustration worth it. As for the two songs I'm supposed to practice, when I feel comfortable enough to begin, I will put aside a couple hours to practice each. I've realized this may not be so difficult. I just need time and patience. For now, I'll just keep going through the Center Stage Guitar Academy lessons and playing chord memorization games on Guitar Tuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment