Saturday, February 28, 2015

Weekly Journal 1

I began my second twenty percent time project a week earlier than most. On February 21, I began by learning the basic mechanics of how to play the guitar. For example, I practiced finger placement and rhythm control. I also learned how to read a chord chart. I learned the following notes: E minor, E, G3, C3, and D. I am currently struggling with learning how to play the D note and I am also struggling a bit with the transitioning of note to note. It is important to learn all of these things because they are the basics to learning how to play the guitar and I mean, everyone has to start from somewhere, right? I will use this all again every time I play the guitar! I also noticed a pattern or two when counting the strings and frets- simply the order that they go in. Today, on February 28, I BOUGHT MY OWN GUITAR! I could not be more excited! I went with my mom and my friend who is teaching me, to Guitar Center and both a beautiful acoustic guitar. Also today, I practiced the D note along with the C and E note. I believe that these past two weeks have been very productive for me and I feel that I have done pretty well! Next, I will continue practicing the same notes, and perhaps even learn how to transition between them in a more smooth way.

No comments:

Post a Comment