Friday, February 13, 2015

Second Twenty Percent Time Proposal

For a long time now I have been longing to do something more than simply studying and watching television. In fact, I have been wanting to play an instrument that I feel will bring me nothing but joy and laughter. It is for this particular reason that for the second semester of twenty percent time I wish to learn how to play the guitar. The guitar is a classic and it is something that I have secretly always wanted to learn. My goal would be to learn the basics of the guitar and to be able to at least play two songs.   

I would achieve my goal by watching videos at least 2-3 times a week and practicing whenever I can. In order to be successful, I need to learn each chord, how to read a few basic notes and get used to particular hand techniques. I would need help from one of my friends that has agreed to meet with me at least once every week. I would also get help from videos online. I will face many difficulties while trying to learn how to play the guitar due to the fact that the last time I tried learning how to play an instrument, it did not work out so well. What will be particularly difficult about learning how to play will be learning how to finger. For some bizarre reason, it has always been a challenge for me to use my hands to do anything. For example, it takes me longer than the average person to get a hold of the very simply rhythm that goes on when clapping with a crowd. Also from a previous experience playing the clarinet, I simply seem to struggle a great deal whenever my hands are involved. Overall, I believe that this entire 20% Time project will definitely be a challenging one. I can work on this in class every week by watching videos, taking notes, and learning how to read music. Outside of class, which is where this project will mainly take place, I will be putting my knowledge to the test and actually practice with my friend. I can't wait to start this twenty percent time project because it is both something new and engaging!

No comments:

Post a Comment