Thursday, February 26, 2015

Reflection 1

     So this week, I officially began my twenty percent project of the second semester, to create an animated short/film. I had already been researching and experimenting for the past few weeks.

About 2 weeks ago I was searching for software to make my from and I came across one that was used professionally called Source Film Maker. I downloaded the software from steam and I began researching different ways I could use Source Film Maker although the free vrrsion is only a beta. For the game setting, I chose the game world of Team Fortress 2. I chose this specific game for my movie because its simple and easier for beginners to play around with while still having great content.

     I began looking at online tutorials and videos on how to use it and I have already seen over 2 hours of tutorials. I also looked at films others have made using the software and it was impressive. Using some of the skills I learned I began practicing with the film maker and its incredibly challenging at first. Each movement or item in the movie must be created and than placed into the movie,movement  by movement which is incredibly time consuming to begginers.

For the next week I plan to keep practicing with the film maker, hopefully getting better, and improving my time management. I also hope to begin brainstorming my plot, which I have no idea as of now. I need something not too complex for an animation, but still comical and interesting to be applied to Team Fortress 2's world. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment