Friday, February 27, 2015

S2 Reflection 1

So this is the official beginning of the second twenty percent project. I've already started doing a bit a research for my project and have come up with a game plan. I am going to:

  1. write lyrics
  2. compose music for said lyrics
  3. record song
  4. begin mapping out a story
  5. obtain equipment
  6. cast actors
  7. film
  8. edit
  9. publish
It's a lot but I think if I really put my mind to it and spend a lot of time working on it I could accomplish it.

Please click the read more to get more information.



I've already obtained some equipment I will need. I have a camera, music editing/creating program and a film editing program. I also have a recording studio on hand that I could call up at anytime to record the song. So that's one thing already off my list of what to do.

I'm still not sure what to write for the song. I've created a playlist of songs that are similar to the type I would like to make.

  • All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran
  • Simple As This by Jake Bugg
  • Tee Shirt by Birdy
  • All I Want by Kodaline
  • Not About Angels by Birdy
  • No One Ever Loved by Lykke Li 
  • Wait by M83
  • Please Don't Go by Barcelona
  • Angels on the Moon by Thriving Ivory
  • You by Switchfoot
  • Beacon Hill by Damien Jurado
  • Poison & Wine by The Civil Wars
  • Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran
  • Leave by Steve Kazee
  • Falling Slowly by Steve Kazee and Cristin Milioti
  • The Moon by Will Connolly 
  • If You Want Me by Cristin Milioti
  • Say It To Me Now by Steve Kazee
  • Gold by Steve Kazee
  • Sleeping by Steve Kazee and J. Michael Zygo
  • The Hill by Cristin Milioti
  • Stay by Sara Bareilles
  • Once Upon Another Time by Sara Bareilles
  • Sweet As Whole by Sara Bareilles
  • Bright Lights and Cityscapes by Sara Bareilles
Yeah it's kind of a long list, sorry. But these are the songs I want mine to be able to fit in a list with. These also have great lyrics which I'm hoping will inspire me to write my own.

Essentially this is what I've done this week for this project. It probably looks like a lot more than it really is. At least, it isn't much compared to what I still have left to do. But it's my base, my starting point, and that's the most important thing, to have a strong foundation, which I think I have created well. 

Where could I use this again? Well, its right now just organizational skills. I haven't exactly gotten to anything technical yet. So I could honestly use this in all aspects of my life (but I don't. Oops). 

By next week I'm hoping to have the lyrics complete written. Not in first draft form or even second, but the final version, the official version. It's going to be really hard, because poetry and lyrics don't come that easily to me. But I think it's doable. Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment