Thursday, February 12, 2015

2nd Semester 20% Proposal

For this new semester, I've decided to create a song using the music production program FL Studio. I got the program as a gift for my Birthday/Christmas. I've fooled around a little bit with it for the past month or so, getting used to the menu layouts and listening to the instrument assets included with my version. The main goal is to create a 1 minute song using what is given to me on FL Studio. I'm at a strong advantage with this project since I've been playing the piano for a decade, and can easily use my knowledge of music theory in the creation of this song. My main enemy is procrastination, the passive inhibitor for any long-term project.

I still haven't decided what genre of music I will be making, but it will most likely be within the Electronica genre. I plan on learning how to use modulation to make the wubby, wavy sound that you can hear in many Electronica pieces. I also would like to incorporate some Synth clips to had a melody in the song.

So much WIP. In the meantime, Alex out.

No comments:

Post a Comment