Thursday, February 12, 2015

2nd Semester 20% Proposal

My 20% Time Project is going to be to learn how to cook delicious and healthy dishes. My final product/goal/accomplishment will be to create a three-course meal which tastes fantastic and is good for me. I've definitely been noticing that I am not the healthiest eater, so being able to eat dishes that are better for me can only be a good thing. Also, I will be spending the next four years of my life in college, so knowing how to cook nutritious meals (especially with all the food temptations that college life has to offer) will be crucial in saving money and not gaining weight. I will need to know a variety of recipes, and what exactly constitutes a healthy meal. Some links to healthy dishes that I might attempt to create are attached. The easy part about this project will be researching and discovering healthy meal options. I shouldn't have too much difficulty actually finding great dishes. The difficult part about this project will be to make each dish. I need to carve out enough time to give each dish my undivided attention, and then I need to actually follow the recipe exactly to produce the best dish possible. It won’t be easy to cook, but with enough practice I should get a knack for it. Most of this project will be done outside of class, seeing as I need materials and supplies that I can only utilize at home. In other words, the actual cooking must be done at home. During the class 20% time, I will research recipes and go over the successes and failures of last week’s dish (meaning that I will consult the internet to determine if I made common errors). Once I find a recipe, I will take it home to make the actual dish. I can't wait to lay the foundations for a healthier lifestyle, while still enjoying the food I eat. This 20% project is shaping up to be a great one! Until next time!

Sample Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment