Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Twenty Percent Project Proposal

Second semester, my twenty percent project will be to develop an exercising routine for the week and working out in those allotted times. I've always been interested in fitness, and I used to belong to a gym, but due to the intense school work from previous years, I've had no time to go to the gym. However, now, with my license, a job, and a second semester senior status, I can pay for my own membership and go to the gym. Yay! For me, the goal is to develop a healthy heart and create a routine and desire that will be sustained throughout my entire life. There is so much research describing the benefits of exercise, and I hope to acquire those benefits! But working out is much more research than you think. At first glance, it seems like all you have to do is go to gym and you work out. But when I used to do this (when I was younger), I had no idea what I was doing. What workouts do I do? What machines do I use? How fast do I run on the treadmill? How long? So many questions, so little answers. In this 20 percent time project, I will keep a record of all the workouts I plan to do for the following week, and write little comments my improvement. That way, I can modify workouts very often, steal workouts from past weeks, etc. I will need to perfect technique for different exercises, and try to balance all the aspects of fitness! Finding motivation for this project won't be hard because I've already gotten a membership at the gym, and I find it really enjoyable. I've already started keeping a record too!
Although it seems like I should be setting physical, numerical goals for myself, that's not really the goal of this project, to me. For me, it's more about learning about the many, different exercises and applying them to my life. Maybe I can even influence my household to be healthier too!

No comments:

Post a Comment