Sunday, February 15, 2015

Twenty Percent Time MP2

This marking period I would like to involve myself in a heavy workout schedule.  I've always loved to exercise and go to the gym, but recently I have not.  Last year I went to the gym in school almost everyday during co.  Now this year has been a bit busier and I haven't had the time.  I'm going to use this 20 Percent Project as a reason to start again.
My goals will be mostly cardio based, with some muscle training.  I'm not going to focus on lifting weights too much though, as I want to increase my running performance.  My main goal is to run 2 miles under 13.5 minutes.  Right now my mile time is 7.5 minutes, so I must improve my mile time as well as working on my endurance.  With running I will incorporate some body resistance training, such as push-ups, pull-ups, and crunches.  My secondary goal is to do at least 60 push-ups with no rest.  Right now I am able to do 40 push-ups with no rest.
Doing this will be a hard task, but as long as I have the dedication and motivation, it will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment