Saturday, February 28, 2015

Reflection 1

This week I have researched the origin of yoga, the history, and the essence. The word basically means uniting, and what you are uniting is the spirit with Cosmic Consciousness. Yoga helps you in that bond by making you conscious of everything around you. I have found out that there have been many categories of yoga that all dealt with similar yet slightly different things such as yoga that deals more with sacrifice or yoga that deals with the liberation of the spirit.
I think this semester 20% project is going to be way more interesting than last marking periods. I like that the fact that there's so much to learn about yoga, and so much background about it. Yoga isn't just about poses and stretches, like most people think today, it's about really feeling everything around you, meditating and liberating yourself from all the negative energy. I'm very excited to learn more and start as soon as possible with the actual techniques. First, I want to educate myself so I know the most that I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment