Thursday, February 12, 2015

Second Semester 20% Time Proposal

      After serious thought, I have decided that my 20% Time Project will be to start creating a healthier lifestyle for myself. I have been interested in improving my health for a while now, but I didn't have the drive to actually start putting in effort. I hope to use this project as a motivation for me to reach this goal. I plan on preparing a nutritious meal at least twice a week for my family and also following a workout schedule that will push me to exercise almost every day. Now, while that is my overall goal, I also hope to complete smaller achievements. For instance, I want to improve my time management and organization skills. I also want to participate more in family life and help my mother out around the house. I also want to inspire the rest of my family to lead a healthier lifestyle.
        There are many things I need to know to be successful, such as what workouts should I do to work a certain muscle group or the nutrition facts of different ingredients, but I plan on only learning the basics of everything for this project. I want to focus on just getting into the rhythm of things so that it will be easier for me to continue this in the summer. Right now, I will simply find websites such as www.juliasalbum.com , www.enjoyeverybite.org , and www.foodiecrush.com and use the recipes to cook for my family. I will also ask my cousin, who is a cook and workout enthusiast, to send me some of her recipes and workout routines. I will also ask my fitness teacher for tips and use the school fitness center as much as possible. Finally, I want to buy a mat to keep at my house to be able to work out there. This, however, is the easy part.  One of the more challenging tasks will be to force myself to find the time to go out and buy the ingredients necessary for my next meal. Also, I will have to create a new workout schedule every week, which might be a bit tedious in the long run. Keeping up my motivation will be the hardest part of it all, however I am confident that this is something I want to do for myself.
         Most of this project will take place outside of class, but I will not waste my class time. While I realize I cannot cook or workout during the school time allowed to work on our 20% Time Project, I have found a solution that might help with my organization and time management skills. During class I will find two recipes to use during the week, most likely for Saturday lunch and Monday dinner. If time allows, I will also start on my workout schedule for the next week. The cooking and working out I will do at home. This way, I can give myself more time to workout at home, or simply to not have too much work to bring home after school. This project is something that I really want to be able to complete, not only for the sense of satisfaction I will receive, but for the long term benefits it will provide me. Hopefully, I'll be able to stay on schedule and lead a healthier lifestyle by the end of this second semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment