Sunday, January 11, 2015

Weekly Journal 13

January 11, 2015
This week on January 9, 2015, I focused on the fifteen basic phrases I have learned over the past two weeks. For whatever reason, I still have a hard time trying to sign “Why are you learning sign language?” Generally speaking, I have trouble using my hands for things like this. For example, I cannot clap at the same time as a large crowd because my hands simply do not allow me to do so. As hard as it is to explain my slight problem, I feel as though this has something to do with me not being able to follow the man in the video when he is signing this particular question. For this reason, I spent a lot of my time trying to learn this question in ASL. The importance of this question is quite significant. I am learning ASL because I am fascinated by the different ways that people can communicated amongst themselves, especially through sign language. Perhaps someone else feels the same and I would very much like to know why they learned or are in the process of learning ASL. I could ask this question to practically anyone I meet who knows ASL. This week I did not notice any patterns during my twenty percent time session. This week I believe that I have done okay, although I would have liked to do more. Next, I will try to review everything that I have learned in ASL.

No comments:

Post a Comment