Sunday, January 4, 2015

Reflection 14

Relative to the last few weeks, I accomplished quite a bit due to the break; that said, I am not at all happy with my progress. It is slow due to occasional procrastination and increasingly prominent anxiety and panic; as almost anyone who has known me long enough is aware, I find it (somewhat paradoxically) difficult to concentrate on and/or accomplish tasks I am anxious about. I become sidetracked and, instead of diving into the task at hand, I step back and try to calm my nerves for a little too long.
Due to the lack of progress, I am honestly feeling as though I may fail the 20% Project. I have failed myself already; why should the numbers given to me reflect anything different?
In any case, this negative reflection (all but devoid of useful information due to the lack of change in the project itself) is using up time that I could spend writing and is in no way helping to stave off the useless and often suicidal thoughts that become all the more frequent as the deadline draws near. Back to the grind, I suppose. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment