Friday, January 9, 2015

The Eleventh Reflection

So at this point is been more so narrowing down my options for what to perform for the midterm presentation (because lets be honest, I'm learning how to play an instrument, I have to do a demonstration). I've really been working with the songs I Don't Love You, You Are My Sunshine, Dead, Vegas Skies, Fix a Heart, and Don't You (Forget About Me). I know, it looks like a lot but I've honestly by trying a bunch of different songs with all different types of chords, and I feel that these best represent where I stand as a player. So I've been testing these out, trying out various strumming patterns and throwing in extra chords here and there for some of the songs. I figure I'll get as near to perfect as possible (because really, there is no such thing as perfect) with these songs and then choose which one I enjoy playing the most. Because playing an instrument is more than just perfecting skills, its also about having fun and expressing yourself. So this week was honestly just in preparation for the midterm. I'm fairly certain that's how I'm going to be spending these next couple of weeks, seeing as midterms are coming up. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment