Friday, January 9, 2015

Reflection 11

This week I made coconut flour waffles. I did it on Christmas morning because my mom found a recipe, and I thought it would be a nice gesture on my favorite holiday. It called for coconut crystals as sweetener, eggs, coconut flour, and cinnamon. This is what makes it low carb and paleo. However, I did not put enough cinnamon in them; I didn't want them to taste like cinnamon, but I think the cinnamon is just supposed to make them more flavorful, since they were sort of bland. However, I took some frozen berries and reduced them in a pot on the stove to make a warm berry sauce. This definitely made it taste better. I also made some bacon (hormone-free, organic, grass-fed) for some protein and variety. Overall, it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment